Welcome to UNC Asheville's Office of Compliance Services!
Compliance with NCAA, CCSA and Big South Conference rules is of utmost importance to the University and its Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Athletics compliance is the responsibility of everyone associated with the Bulldog athletics program, including coaches, student-athletes, athletics department personnel, faculty, staff, alumni, boosters and other supporters of the UNC Asheville. The UNC Asheville Athletics Compliance Office is charged with leading and coordinating Bulldog compliance efforts and shall act as a resource for internal and external constituencies regarding NCAA and Big South compliance issues.
It is critical that all of us do our part to learn and abide by NCAA rules that impact the our student-athletes, recruits, coaches, and boosters. The goals of the Office of Compliance are to:
- Educate coaches, student-athletes, staff and supporters regarding NCAA and Big South Conference rules and the compliance expectations of UNC Asheville.
- Control and operate the athletics program in accordance with all applicable NCAA, Big South, CCSA, and institutional rules to maintain a culture of compliance.
- Monitor all aspects of the University's athletics programs to ensure compliance; identify and report to the NCAA all instances in which compliance has not been achieved; and affirm that appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- To serve coaches, student-athletes, staff and supporters by providing accurate and timely interpretations of the rules and assisting them in their compliance efforts.
- Help all fans and friends of UNC Asheville's athletics program comply with all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules.
Please contact the Athletics Compliance Office with any questions regarding NCAA or ACC rules or regulations at 828-250-2369. ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!
Dawn Turner, Assistant Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Services
2015-16 Rules Education Newsletters