CHARLESTON, S.C. – Big South-leading Charleston Southern won its ninth straight match as the Lady Buccaneers downed visiting UNC Asheville 7-0 in women’s tennis action Wednesday afternoon.
The Bulldogs (10-5, 2-2 BSC) came close to winning a singles match in Emily McNall at #5 flight as she fell in three sets to Alia Nour. McNall won the first set 6-3 before falling 6-2 and 10-7 in a tie-breaker.
CSU improved its record to 10-3 overall and stayed unbeaten in league play at 5-0.
Asheville is back in action this Friday at Liberty.
Charleston Southern 7, UNC Asheville 0
Mar 26, 2014 at Charleston, S.C. (Buccaneer Tennis Complex)
1. Marketa Placha (CSU) def. HAMEL, Zoe (ASHW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Yvonne Hubler (CSU) def. SOLDIER, Amryn (ASHW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Alexandra Walters (CSU) def. RIVERO, Ericka (ASHW) 6-2, 6-0
4. Nicolin Luecke (CSU) def. BOISSEVAIN, Christin (ASHW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Alia Nour (CSU) def. MCNALL, Emily (ASHW) 3-6, 6-2, 10-7
6. Mi'Kola Cooper (CSU) def. LEWIS, Gillian (ASHW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Yvonne Hubler/Alexandra Walters (CSU) def. HAMEL, Zoe/RIVERO, Ericka (ASHW) 8-1
2. Alia Nour/Angelica Sidorenko (CSU) def. BOISSEVAIN, Christin/SOLDIER, Amryn (ASHW) 8-3
3. Nicolin Luecke/Marketa Placha (CSU) def. LEWIS, Gillian/MCNALL, Emily (ASHW) 8-1