DURHAM, N.C. - The UNC Asheville women's tennis team lost some close singles matches and a close doubles point as the Bulldogs fell to North Carolina Central 5-2 Wednesday afternoon at the Eagles home-court.
Asheville (1-1) was able to get a singles win from Amie Cloer as she routed Julia Aguilar 6-0, 6-0. The Bulldogs also got a win by default.
Christine Boissevain lost in three sets to Rebecca Wood and Emily McNall fell in straight sets but both were decided by tie-breakers.
The Bulldogs are back in action this weekend with a pair of matches. They'll play at UNC Greensboro on Saturday afternoon and host Mars Hill on Sunday at the ARC Downtown Crowne Plaza.
- 1. Cameron Chatman-Oleysa Palko (NCCU) def. Zoe Hamel-Amryn Soldier, 9-7
- 2. Ekaterina Nekrasoya-Rebecca Wood (NCCU) def. Emily McNall-Christine Boissevain, 8-2
- 3. UNC Asheville wins by default
- 1. Oleysa Palko (NCCU) def. Zoe Hamel (ASH) 6-4, 6-2
- 2. Cameron Chatman (NCCU) def. Amryn Soldier (ASH) 6-2, 6-3
- 3. Ekaterian Nekrasoya (NCCU) def. Emily McNall (ASH) 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (7-5)
- 4. Rebecca Wood (NCCU) def. Christine Boissevain (ASH) 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
- 5. Amie Cloer (ASH) def. Julia Aguilar (NCCU) 6-0, 6-0
- 6. Asheville wins by default.