CULLOWHEE, N.C. - UNC Asheville lost the doubles point but rallied for four singles victories to edge Western Carolina 4-3 Wednesday afternoon.
The Bulldogs (5-8) got a clutch three-set victory by Emily McNall at #1 singles and dominated in the bottom of the line-up to earn their fifth victory of the season. Jenna Dodge, Devon Cavanaugh and Amie Cloer won in straight sets with Cavanaugh and Cloer winning their matches without losing a game.
Asheville hosts Winthrop in a key Big South Conference contest on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the ARC.
1. Emily McNall (ASH) def. Megan McLinden (WCU) 7-6, 3-6, 6-3
2. Ainhoa Iglesias Díaz (WCU) def. Amryn Soldier (ASH) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
3. Karen Jiménez (WCU) def. Christine Boissevain (ASH) 6-2, 6-2
4. Jenna Dodge (ASH) def. Katie Barry (WCU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Devon Cavanaugh (ASH) def. Sarah Walters (WCU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Amie Cloer (ASH) def. Taylor Casey (WCU) 6-0, 6-0
|1. Ainhoa Iglesias Díaz/Megan McLinden (WCU) def. Christine Boissevain/Emily McNall (ASH) 9-8 (10-7)|
|2. Karen Jiménez/Katie Barry (WCU) def. Amryn Soldier/Jenna Dodge (ASH) 8-5|
|3. Devon Cavanaugh/Amie Cloer (ASH) def. Sarah Walters/Taylor Casey (WCU) 8-0|