1. The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the requested deadline, before UNC Asheville Athletics will consider the request.
2. Completion of a request form in a timely manner, and approval from the Compliance Office, does not guarantee the Athletic Marketing Office will fulfill the request.
3. Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high-school, high-school aged students, or affiliates of any high-school aged students.
Charitable Items Donations Guidelines
The Athletic Department will not support:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender or national origin.
- Individuals (Donations are only provided to non-profit organizations not individuals).
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Organizations outside of the U.S.
- Organizations not registered as a charity or 'not-for-profit' entity.
- Organizations that do not adhere to NCAA rules and regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is UNC Asheville Athletics able to accept personal items, such as a T-shirt or ball to be autographed by members of the team?
Due to the volume and frequency of requests, UNC Asheville Athletics cannot accept items to be autographed. To obtain autographs, please visit uncabulldogs.com and find when the next Signature Satruday will take place.
2. Can an autographed item be purchased from UNC Asheville Athletics?
No. UNC Asheville is not in the business of selling autographed items. Some donated items, however, do require a handling charge.
4. Can an autographed item be used as an auction or raffle item at a fundraiser?
Yes (with approval from the Compliance Office).
5. Does UNC Asheville Athletics make autographed items available to individuals?
The UNC Asheville Athletics Department provides autographed items to charitable, educational, and some institutional entities. Typically, this is limited to organizations, not individuals.
6. Will UNC Asheville Athletics consider a donation to a profitable corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. UNC Asheville Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.
7. I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
UNC Asheville Athletics will provide a maximum of one autographed item per organization, per year. Receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations.