ASHEVILLE, N.C. - The UNC Asheville Athletics Department is inviting everyone to kick off Well-A-Bration with “A Walk with the Bulldogs” on Monday, Sept. 16 from 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m.
You can wear your Bulldog Blue and join UNC Asheville's student-athletes, coaches and staff for an extended walking tour of the UNC Asheville campus. Ask the coaches questions, discuss your favorite sport and feel the burn as this hour-long excursion will reveal parts of campus you may not know about. Participants should wear appropriate clothing and shoes designed for variable terrain. In case of rain, the walk will be moved to the Kimmel Arena Concourse. Meet at the “Rocky” statue for the walk with participants leaving promptly at 6:30 a.m.
Well-A-Bration is a two-day (Sept. 16-17) recognition and celebration of the roles healthful living and wellness play in the achievement of individual, campus and community well-being. Well-A-Bration engages students, faculty, staff and the community in activities, programs, presentations and special events designed to inform, educate and celebrate positive and preventive health practices.
On Monday morning, Bulldog fans will have several different options to walk with the Bulldogs. Below is a list of what each team will be doing.
- WSOC: Jog with the Team to the field and around the field, join warm-ups
- MSOC: Arboretum Walk
- WSW: Jog with team (3 miles)
- WTR/MTR: 20 minute walk around the track
- WBB: 20 minute walk around the Kimmel concourse
- MBB: 20 minute walk around the Quad
- BA: Walk the Campus Loop
- VB: Walk the Greenway to Luellas and back
- MTE/WTE: 20 minute walk around the Indoor Track in SRC
- WXC/MXC: Jog with the team for a morning run