CONWAY, S.C. - The UNC Asheville men's tennis team lost at Coastal Carolina on Saturday, 7-0.
The Bulldogs competed hard in all the matches but simply could not break through against the Chanticleers. Asheville lost two doubles matches by scores of 8-6.
In singles action, the Bulldogs took two matches to three sets as Daniel Kripak and Josh Swindler both lost in tie-breakers in the third set.
Asheville is back in action this Friday (March 21) when it hosts Charlotte at 2:30 p.m.
1. Yedigarian, Garik (COASTAL) def. KRIPAK, Daniel (ASHM) 6-4, 4-6, 10-1
2. Christofides, Leo (COASTAL) def. PANOULAS, Thomas (ASHM) 6-4, 6-4
3. Nilsson, Ted (COASTAL) def. CROKER, Alex (ASHM) 7-6, 6-4
4. Al-Mutawa, Jabor (COASTAL) def. LANDAU, Brett (ASHM) 6-3, 6-1
5. Whalen, Hunter (COASTAL) def. SWINDLER, Josh (ASHM) 3-6, 7-6, 14-12
6. Samed, Renan (COASTAL) def. GOLDBERG, Will (ASHM) 6-4, 6-1
1. CROKER, Alex/LANDAU, Brett (ASHM) def. SAMED, Renan/YEDIGARIAN, Garik (COASTAL) 8-6
2. NILSSON, Ted/AL-MUTAWA, Jabor (COASTAL) def. KRIPAK, Daniel/SWINDLER, Josh (ASHM) 8-4
3. CHRISTOFIDES, Leo/WHALEN, Hunter (COASTAL) def. PANOULAS, Thomas/GOLDBERG, Will (ASHM) 8-6